**Prices are subject to change based on cost of labor and material fluctuation at time of agreement**
The mining town of Ruby was established in Bear Valley during the 1870s and was a haven for cattle rustlers and other criminals. It was originally named Montana Camp because the miners were mining at the foot of Montana Peak. The Mercantile was begun in the late 1880’s by George Cheney, then purchased by Julius Andrews in 1887 who ran it until 1914. It was his wife who gave her maiden name, Ruby, to the new post office in 1910.